Senior School Level 9 | Level 10 | Level 11
The Senior School Programme prepares all students for further education, provides Career Guidance and addresses the development of personal, social, and emotional intelligence through a comprehensive PSHE Programme.
The Compulsory Programmes of Study
Art and Design, English Language, English Literature, French, German, Italian or Spanish **, ICT – Information & Communication Technology, Maltese (including Maltese Literature)*/PQ (Project Qualification)*, Mathematics, PSHE – Personal, Social and Health Education, Physical Education, Religious Education/Ethics Education.
* International students may opt out of this programme of study – Students who are particularly weak in English may be asked to follow an EFL (English as a Foreign Language) course during some of these lessons. Otherwise they may choose to take Spanish, Italian/French as a mother tongue, Maltese as a foreign language or EFL.
** Language chosen in Level 7.
The Programme of Optional Areas of Study
At St Martin’s College our aim is to offer as many choices available to our students and have as broad an array as possible. While we allow students to choose three option subjects freely, guidance is given so that subjects are chosen with a view to maximising access to future career choices. In order to ensure such access, one of these subjects must either be Biology or Physics.
Whilst we will do our utmost to take on board all choices, as always, final decisions will be subject to subscription, timetabling and class-size considerations.
Kindly note the following guidelines:
1. There are three options to be chosen, each with a provision of four lessons per week;
2. One of these options must be either Biology or Physics;
3. Students may then choose two further option subjects from the list of subjects below:
Accounting, Art, Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Economics, Environmental Studies/Geography(according to subscription), Graphical Communication, History, Physical Education, Physics, Health & Social Care, Media Literacy or an international language (French/German/Italian/Spanish);
4. The international language, chosen from French, Italian, German or Spanish in the list above is in addition to the languages that students have already been taking since Level 7 and are offered subject to subscription;
5. Students with specific learning needs and attending the Alternative Learning Programme (ALP) are given special, personalised programme combinations and ad hoc specific cases are considered, subject to timetable possibilities.
For more information about our programmes kindly email email@example.com
Our School Hours for Senior School Level 9 | Level 10 | Level 11
September to May 08:15 – 15:00
June 08:15 – 12:50
Our school location for this programme is:
St Martin’s College, Swatar (Malta)
Health & Safety Certificate
St Martin’s College was awarded the Health and Safety Education Certificate of Merit (HASSCoM) at Intermediate Level. This certificate is issued by the Health and Safety Unit of the Department of Educational Services to those schools who would have met certain criteria in the Health and Safety aspect in that particular school. SMC will continue working to achieve the Advanced Level in the forthcoming years.